Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is one of the federal programs offered by the Canadian Government. The Government allows skilled temporary workers to stay permanently in Canada through this program.
This program offers Permanent Residence for individuals who’ve worked in Canada for at least one year and this adds to the CRS points of the Individual.
This program usually takes only four to five months to process and it is considered one of the fastest routes to becoming a permanent resident in Canada. This is usually opted by temporary workers and International Graduates.
Similarly, the applicants are not required to show Proof of funds just like the other federal programs.
Minimum Requirements for Canadian Experience Class #
- Language skill – The person must be capable of writing, reading, listening, and speaking in any one of the official languages i.eEnglish or French according to the Canadian Government’s specifications.
- Skilled work experience- The individual must possess
- One year of work experience in the past 3 years can be met in three different ways:
- full-time at 1 job
- equal amount in part-time work
- full-time work at more than 1 job
- According to NOC Classification, the jobs are classified into three categories
- Must possess temporary residence for working in Canada.
Language skills for Canadian Experience Class #
The individual will have to meet the language criteria such as:
- The person should have the ability to
in any of the official languages i.e., English or French.
- The individual must try to score Canadian Language Benchmark 7 for NOC 0 or A jobs and Canadian Language Benchmark 5 for NOC B jobs in the language tests.
- You can take your test after preparation and refer to this page to know more about language testing.
- Then, you can enter your test results at the express entry profile.
Educational Qualification for Canadian Experience Class #
The individual applying for a trades program does not require any specific educational qualification. But, if the person possesses any education certificates as proof, it adds on to express entry points. This is categorized into two types:
If the person has studied in Canada or any other foreign country and received a diploma or degree certificate from
- secondary institution
- post-secondary institution
Admissibility in Canada for Experience Class #
The individual is admissible inside the country once he is eligible for a few factors such as criminal and medical cases. You can refer to this page for further information.
Exceptions for Canadian Experience Class #
The individual is exempted from the program if the following factors fail:
- refugee claimant in Canada
- working without authorization
- Experience without temporary residence
Canadian Experience Class FAQs #
- Is Student work experience and self-employment considered during the Canadian express class work experience calculation?
Both the Factors are not considered in the calculation of work experience according to the Country’s norms. Refer to this page to know why.